Accounting Technician Apprentice - St Albans
Do you want to pursue a career in accountancy and have the opportunity to gain practical hands on experience at the same time as training? Are you unsure about going to University and want to enter into the workplace while continuing to develop your skills and earning potential?
With a start date in August/September 2022, we have exciting opportunities to join our firm as an apprentice working within the Accounting Solutions Department in our St Albans office.
We can offer you;
- Varied practical on-the job training
- Study support: Our apprentices work towards nationally recognised professional qualification with the Association of Accountancy Technicians (AAT).
- Friendly and knowledgeable team: Working with our experienced and supportive team, you will quickly develop your skills to become an integral part of Rayner Essex.
Our Accounting Solutions Department provides a wide range of services to clients, including accounts preparation, bookkeeping and the production of management accounts and information. The main duties for this position will involve working on the books and records of clients. This will involve processing transactions from documents provided by the client and reconciling control accounts, including Bank, Sales ledger, Purchase ledger and VAT. You will also learn to use a variety of accounting IT packages.
Training and Support
We work with an established training provider to maximise your ability to successfully pass your exams. Our apprentices work towards AAT Level 3 and 4 Diploma in Accounting. All qualification fees are paid for.
We will give you a balance of practical experience and structured theoretical training to allow you to quickly develop your skills and be a meaningful part of our team.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for apprentices who are highly motivated and have a desire to learn, along with excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. In order to apply you should have the following:
- Five GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above (including at least grade 6 in Maths and English).
- Two A level’s (or equivalent) at grade C or above (excluding general studies) will be an advantage but are not essential
- Good keyboard skills and a working knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Previous work experience is an advantage
The closing date for applications is Friday 29th July 2022.
If this role matches your experience and aspirations then to be considered, please email email@example.com including your CV and why you think you may be suited to this role.
Applications will be reviewed on receipt and the position may be closed early should a suitable candidate be identified.Download detailed job description about Accounting Technician Apprentice
Our success depends on our people and the recruitment and retention of high quality staff is crucial to the continued success of our firm.
We are a friendly firm and it is important to us that everyone enjoys coming to work and feels challenged and supported in their role. We are committed to offering you a varied and interesting workload and the support to ensure that you have the skills to perform at your best.
In addition to offering a competitive reward package, we provide the opportunity to continue to develop your skills through on the job training as well as structured learning and development. Where possible, we look to promote from within and want to reward staff through recognition and promotion when opportunities arise.
The firm attained the Investors in People accreditation in 2010 and was reaccredited in 2016, reflecting the firm’s sustained and continuing commitment to invest in its staff.
We keep our benefits package under review to ensure that we remain competitive and as an employee of Rayner Essex you will enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (with the ability to buy and sell holiday each year)
- Pension provision
- Health cash plan
- Occupational sick pay scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Season ticket loan for travel
- An active social committee with frequent and varied events throughout the year
Graduate ACA Trainee
Accounting Technician Apprentice